On miracles and extraordinary people
There’s no need to go searching for miracles – you’re surrounded by them!
Snow is simply miraculous: billions of snow crystals merge to form flakes that float down gently like leaves and cover every thing in a bright white blanket.
Snow is very powerful in the Arlberg region: it shapes the people here, sets the pace and creates living conditions. Snow challenges people, it makes them fight. Snow is also an ally: it casts a spell over the landscape, makes it seem weightless and graces it with beauty.
The staged winter hiking trail starts directly at the mountain station of the Rüfikopfbahn 1 and stretches across the sunny plateau on the Rüfikopf. At the various stations along the circular trail, you will get closer to the fascinating element of "snow" with interesting & impressive information. In addition, the winter hiking trail presents personalities from the Arlberg who transform adverse conditions into highly emotional winter experiences.
And that’s no miracle, but a success story that has been seen time and again here on the Arlberg ...
Facts to the winter hiking trail “SnowflakesPanoramaTrail Rüfikopf”:
- Starting point of the winter hiking trail Rüfikopf: next to the top station of the Rüfikopf aerial tramway 1
- The winter hiking trail stretches across the sunny plateau on the Rüfikopf and is signposted, groomed and can be walked as a circular trail
- Interesting & impressive information at the various stations along the winter hiking trail
- Panoramarestaurant Rüfikopf
- Benches with a view
- Panorama platform
- Kästle Mountain Museum
- Tickets for pedestrians can be purchased at the valley station of the Rüfikopf aerial tramway
- For pedestrians or winter hikers, there is also a special Café & Cake ticket offer including a fascinating ascent with the Rüfikopfbahn
Tip: Snow chains for hiking boots provide better grip in frozen or packed snow. Available from sports retailers.
Note the last downhill ride of the ropeway:
4 p.m., from February 4.30 p.m.
Attention when crossing ski runs! For your own safety stay on the marked hiking trail! Hiking on all trails is at your own risk.
Good to know!
With the Sun Subscription ticket, winter hikers can comfortably get to the starting points of many high-altitude winter hiking trails. Single tickets for ascents including descent are available at the ticket offices as well.